We Like to Score - Episode 3: The Jurisdiction
You know what, Taylor Sheridan? You suck. And so does parallel thought.
- Bob Dylan - The Ballad of Hollis Brown
- 16 Horsepower - Phyllis Ruth
- Eilen Jewell - The Flood
- Damien Jurado - Abilene
- Lucero - No Roses, No More
- The Drive-By Truckers - Never Gonna Change
- Bert Jansch - Poison
- The Builders and the Butchers - Bringing Home the Rain
- Michael Hurley - Werewolf
- Fire on Fire - Heavy D
- A. A. Bondy - How Will You Meet Your End?
- Joe Pernice - Bum Leg
- Lay Low - I forget It's There
- Bob Dylan - Masters of War
- Wovenhand - Cripplegate
I've had this idea percolating in my head for months, and you managed to make Wind River, a movie which covers the same themes and elements as the movie I describe in this episode. You still have the residents of and Indian Reservation playing second fiddle in a story talking about and taking place on a reservation. Way to keep the white savior trope alive, buddy.
Anyway, I haven't seen the movie, heard the soundtrack/score (but I probably will at some point), so I affirm that these original ideas, and the similarities are coincidental. In fact, when I started recording, I don't believe Wind River had even been released. I knew it was coming though.
Listen to The Jurisdiction playlist on Spotify
Find all playlists here.